Last week we looked at my unique method for thematic funnels which was a 4 step giveaway funnel with the intention of building trust, authority and getting people to whitelabel your email once they have subscribed to your list.
This week I want to dive into Tripwire funnels and see where it takes us as far as something new, fresh and unique while keeping the base of tripwire funnels in place.
The obvious way to do this would be to do a combo of tripwire and thematic funnels with miniscraping and this will be used in a new case study that I will be using to “refresh” my audience in a new course Project66.
You can sign up for the first webinar here which will be free and I will most likely give the second one free too. By the 2nd week we will be making money…Guaranteed!
What’s important here is that we use stuff that we know works REALLY well.
We do NOT have to reinvent the wheel entirely and we have proven strategies that just plain work, however there are several ways we can use them and several ways we can drive traffic to them with the goal of building an audience.
First let me give a very brief breakdown on what each of these three elements are within this new style funnel, which is an expansion on what we did last week.
Let’s do this with the end goal stuff first starting with Tripwire so that the goal at the end can be understood properly by the time we discuss miniscraping which is the method of creating the front end offer or lead bait.
Typically a low cost or free front end offer, with a low cost upsell and again another one or two upsells at higher price points.
People that are doing this successfully that immediately come to mind are DigitalMarketer (Ryan Deiss & Perry Belcher) who are masters at converting these funnels and also Ben Adkins comes to mind too.
The idea is that we make an offer that people will want and that is likely to have so much value packed into the free or low cost offer that the conversions will be high.
The first upsell is low cost at around $7.00 to $27.00 and we use the base offer features to promote the first upsell.
Ben Adkins does this really well by reminding people what they just received, reinforces that value of what they have already got and then explains that they could take it much further and also get (upsell features) something of much higher value for very low cost.
The following upsells follow the same strategy and can result in major income if you manage to target the right audience.
This is what we covered last week which was a 4 step free funnel (5 Minute Traffic Makeover with 4 short traffic tips videos that anyone can implement quickly and easily)
Video 1 is on the actual landing page to show the quality of the traffic tips and increase the conversions.
Video 2 is on the thankyou page which we redirect the person too as soon as they click on the form submit button and BEFORE they confirm the email. On this thank you page we discussed using a social share lock and we also have info about what to expect when they confirm the email.
Video 3 is on the actual email itself and this email asks them to reply to the email in order to get video number 4 and an additional unannounced gift to over deliver and by replying to the email they automatically whitelist our email.
Video 4 is on a landing page with all 4 videos plus the free gift such as a WordPress plugin or something of high perceived value like a tool and we can then use this page to kick off the tripwire upsell and add retargeting pixels to the page at the same time.
Essentially all we are doing here is finding other peoples “epic” content and creating checklists from them with additional actionable tips. Chrome or firefox extensions are great for this as you can see here in my examples for Blog Promotion Checklist and one more here for to Get Traffic To Your Blog
In short we use the hard work of other people with authority to create high value, useful “Content Upgrades” and we can piggyback on the authority of the original content creator and also reach out to their audience.
Simple Fast Traffic Strategies
Now we have this we can start to think about Traffic and i will make suggestions within the Internet Marketing niche
- Traffic Infinity - Use RSS Feeds for the original content creator and other similar resources to automate sharing their content and using our own Tripwire/ Thematic/ Miniscraping funnel. Lets rename this the trinity growth funnel 🙂
- Video Syndication - Super simple strategy that you can easily do using tools like Video Synd Alpha or simple fiverr gigs, Just make sure you have a clear call to action in the headline and reinforce it in the description on why they need to get this and why now (scarcity, curiosity etc)...
Here are some examples:
“Free 5 Minute Traffic makeover For Bloggers”
“Free 5 Minute List Building Tips For Internet Marketers”
- Forum Traffic - Low cost, high traffic strategy. Simple WSO or warrior forum classified ad on it's own can drive a ton of traffic and build your list FAST! This can be done in any niche that has a niche specific forum.
- Social Media Traffic (Various ways to do this including my new playlist traffic tool designed specifically for this purpose)
- Facebook Ads - If using Traffic Infinity you can use one of the most popular posts as a promoted post or create a simple fan page post and promote it for as little as 5 bucks per day.
- YouTube Ads - Again it's low cost, works really well with retargeting lists from adwords & you can target videos to advertise on with the Traffic Scout Alpha Video Placement finder tool with accuracy and in higher volume than any other tool on the market.
- Buy/Sell Ads - This is a site where you can find blogs and websites to advertise on at low cost.
- Blog Posts - Creating a blog post around your miniscraping tool and linking to the original blog post and connecting with the author of that post asking them to share the tool can drive lots of traffic. You can also use blog promotion strategies that I have listed in the chrome extension linked to above.
- Thank You Pages
OK, you will see this in action in the first 2 videos of Project66 which starts tomorrow at the same time.
As a Traffic Infinity customer you can join in for the first 2 webinars but word of warning, there is work to do and if you are there as a spectator and not willing to participate then you will be missing out on high value training.
I will be building a list from scratch, not using my existing email list to promote and creating a new audience at the same time in the Internet Marketing niche for making money, list building etc piggybacking on the growth marketing angle and away from the SEO and Video marketing type lists that I have currently.
This is a shift that I have wanted to make for a long time and in the end it’s just a decision to make it happen.
At the moment I am running live case studies for Niche Ripping with the Traffic Scout method, Project66 has already kinda started from the last Traffic Infinity webinar and this webinar which have both been a lead into the project66 preparation and strategy mapping, and for social growth with traffic Infinity which resumes next week.
On top of this I do 17km bicycle runs every day and often 2 times which takes between 2 to 4 hours a day.
If I can do this, then you can too, you just need to make a decision and focus!
So let’s get back on track…
Now I did say that we would see where this would go as far as creating a new, fresh and unique approach and I started writing this about an hour ago.
How do we do that?
Anything you want to make fresh, unique and exciting there is a super simple formula
Add More Value!
Brainstorm how to add more value and put yourself in the shoes of the targeted audience.
Become one of them and think how and what and why 🙂
So let’s take this further to increase the value and ensure a high conversion rate.
The thematic funnel will have a chrome extension, tool or cheat sheet with every video, that’s four cheat sheets in some sort of format.
Lets call this the HV Thematic Funnel which leads into the tripwire funnel
So let’s map this out now...
5 Minute List Building Makeover
- 4 Videos on Fast, Easy & Low Cost List Building Strategies
- 4 Cheat Sheet/Checklist Tools
- 4 Mind Maps
- Retargeting on Every Post
- List Building Skype Group
Project66 first 2 webinars (Low Cost) - High Value as WSO & in JVzoo
Forum Traffic Tool (low cost tool to monitor forum conversations and semi automate marketing)
Or Viral PDF Optin Tool
Join Us For First 2 Webinars
So far we have covered what thematic funnels are and how to use them to quickly build trust and authority and build a list that white labels your email, and we took that further with trinity funnels using minicraping, thematic funnels and tripwire style upsells
What is this Project66?