Project 66 day 5 already and this is often an important day for me personally.
It’s the first milestone I set myself when I’m doing something new.
Like when I’m doing doing 17km Bicycle runs every morning which is a “thing” I started doing for probably a year and a half on and off and had to restart several times…It’s round about now that it gets a little bit personal and you have to start digging deeper and remember your reason “why” to give you the mental strength to keep going and “just do it”.
When we get to day 5 which is a milestone set out something weird happens, my thoughts start turning to hey it’s only 2 days till a full week of doing this”
A new milestone is created mentally and today’s inconvenience goes out the window instantly.
Today is a bit like that for me for Project 66, not because I’m getting tired of writing a blog post every day, but because of today’s topic “Writing an autoresponder follow up series”.
It’s something I rarely do, in fact I would rather get up at 4am and spend 3 to 4 hours prepping for a webinar and deliver that webinar at 9am than do the autoresponder follow up.
I have to admit that I have done autoresponder series a total of ONE time in all the years I have been doing email marketing. That’s ONE time in over 40 products and with currently 111 different lists in my aweber autoresponder.
So, today I’m going to try and build in some fun to the task and remember the “why” as I’m doing this. This way the effort put in will be stronger and hopefully the results far better.
So far we have done created our offer, mapped out funnels, created landing pages, listed the offer in at least ONE marketplace and before we can start to send traffic we are going to ensure that we can cement our trust & authority factor with consistency.
To do that we are going to go back to the spreadsheet that I created a few days ago when I brainstormed and miniscraped ideas and we will see what we can use from there for the follow up series and create 5 emails to be sent out with intervals of a couple of days or three days for each one.
They will not get the emails daily, I think thats too much and that people need a break from it. Instead what we are going to do is deliver high quality ideas, strategies or training which is abbreviated to be short enough to get our topic across and understood and avoid long form content that would start making people tired of your content with too much exposure.
We are able at this point to divert from the original theme which in my case was 5 minute traffic hacks, So what could we do to keep people interested without over exposure that risks people getting tired to hear too much from you too soon?
Here are some ideas that come to mind….
Mention how little time is needed to get through the email content in the email subject line and tell them what they will learn in that time.
An example could be….
- “Got 2 Minutes To Check Out My Latest 71% Conversion Traffic Case Study?”
- “2 Minute Training Inside...71 Buyers Added To List With One Hours Work”
- “Take 2 Minutes To See This... $350 Spend Multiplied by 5 in 3 Hours”
- “Easy 2 Minute Lesson To Kill Procrastination & Make More Money Today”
What have we done here?
In simple terms we have highlighted that for just two minutes spent that they would learn something of high value.
Can they really learn those things in 2 minutes?
Can we really de,over that type of info in 2 minutes?
Yep, easily if we keep the email content short and to the point and we can also promise to go deeper with it in another training or video later.
People appreciate that you value time and that it really does take something like 2 minutes to get a point across and in fact we could turn this into a theme for future content via blog posts, autoresponder messages or even broadcast emails.
What we need to remember is that people within the internet marketing niche are being bombarded with multiple emails per day, mostly by people asking them to buy stuff.
Very few people are delivering value or even trying to deliver value and even less are taking the audience’s time into consideration.
If we have the mindset that we are asking people to check out our message in exchange for their time then…
- We are more likely to succeed in getting our message heard
- We are building more trust
- We will have people look forward to when we send something out
- When we do have an offer more people will see it and check it out
- We will make more money while building out long term sustainability in our business
So let’s do that with the Project 66 training create a recurring theme of “Two Minute Takeaways” and how we do that is simple….
We add a new tab to the spreadsheet and whenever we get ideas for 2 minute takeaways we write it down and start collecting thoughts and ideas to do this regularly over time.
Not every email has to be a 2 minute takeaway, but if there is some sort of regularity we can train people to expect and recognise it when we do.
Ok so let’s get back on track and bring this into line with what we are delivering to the new audience and create some subject lines broadly related to the theme of the original offer.
All of those headline example above I can use and are real by the way, I probably will use them too as this is a REAL rebuild of my business, but we will take a different route for your benefit as these relate to my existing business with an SEO and Video Marketing audience and most of you will not have the benefit of an existing audience.
The main topic was 5 minute traffic hacks in the offer so let’s stick close to the traffic angle, but this time we are not limited to 5 minute, low cost stuff.
Let’s start by brainstorming how can we get traffic
- Facebook Ads - Low Cost, Quick and Easy (Can be very targeted)
- YouTube Ads - Cost can vary, Still Quick & Easy and very or broadly targeted depending on your approach.
- SEO - Longer term traffic, often not quick, loads of competition, can cost in either money or time, skill level needed, targeted keywords can be hit or miss, sometimes you find that it's not as high traffic when you get there. Can cost significant time or money Unless…:) I will fill in the gap later but think of miniscraping and you're on the right track.
- Press Releases, can be high cost for high quality distribution but has multiple benefits for SEO, Traffic and branding
- Scale up what's working for you now (could be forum traffic, product launches, webinar promotions etc)
- Guest Posting - targeted high volume traffic. costs time or money, Unless… 🙂 I will go deeper into this in the premium course, but if you're thinking of content distribution then you're on the right track but I’m not meaning web 2.0 sites and video sharing sites, this is highly targeted high traffic distribution.
- Thank You Page Traffic… Low cost, buyer traffic, easy list building, high value if done correctly
We could also take the approach of what we need to do BEFORE we get traffic..
- Retargeting pixels
- Some “on site” Ads (own stuff or affiliate offers)
- Popups, slide ins, smart bars, full page overlay etc (not all at one time)
- Push notifications
These are all important things that can boost conversions when traffic arrives now and in the future and they are so easy to do it’s just wrong or very lazy not to have them in place.
Ok so we have enough there to work with and we have a clearer path with that 2 minute exercise 🙂
Which will I do?
Easiest way to find out is make sure you are opted into my Project 66 list and see what happens over the course of two or 3 weeks.
For today’s video training I will be explaining some autoresponder basics for creating blog broadcasts, promo broadcast emails and autoresponder follow up emails and we can take a look at how to set up the Autoresponder sequences using just those headlines above to give you an visual training on how to do it.
How To Set Up An Autoresponder Form
Setting Up Aweber Follow Ups And Broadcasts
Your To Do Task List For Today…
- Brainstorm 5 Autoresponder Follow Up Headlines
- Write 5 Emails that would take no longer than 2 minutes to read around one topic each
- Add them to your autoresponder service
- Spend 10 Minutes going through your own inbox where you get multiple emails from being on lists and copy headlines or emails that stand out that you would open and keep them in a NEW spreadsheet for us to dissect in a bonus webinar session so that we can see real time examples of what's really working and how we can use that knowledge to make more money
Tomorrow is Traffic Day! 🙂
About the author
This blog is a journal documenting my thoughts, case studies, challenges and things i have learned, tweak and evolve on my internet marketing journey .